What a year!

What a year!
Spring 2013

Friday, October 2, 2015

Finally an update

I am so sorry I have not updated you all on things here recently.  We have been busy, a good busy. Since we have been back from the US, the Lord has been adding to the church and He has been bringing females, so I have been busy reaching out to them.  I started my MOP'S group back up again, started homeschooling Isabella and on Monday's I will be teaching English at a local language school.  

It  is that time again that we head to Greece for treatment. I have a few prayer requests for this trip as I am dealing with issues that I will be addressing with my doctor. I feel that I am still having some on going side effects that started when I had chemo and have not gone away. When the chemo started, I started having a runny nose and scratchy throat almost daily. Recently I have been having a lot of problems breathing through my nose and I believe this is why I have a scratchy throat often (I am not getting sick). Also due to not being able to breath properly through my nose, this effects my energy level. 
My second issue is for awhile I have been having nerves spasms in my back and feet, mainly when I am laying down or point my feet in certain positions. I have heard that this is a common side effect and it painful. It happens all of a sudden and when I am in pain there is really nothing Mark could do to help me. It is just a sudden pain that last a minute or so, but it is often.
Lastly, when I was in last I had an infection in one of my toes, the doctor gave me an antibiotic, it has gotten better, however it is not gone. Now I am having the same issues in my other toe. 

I sent a letter to my doctor today so he will be prepared to help me on Monday. He may possibly need to have a podiatrist look and my foot and a ENT doctor look at my nose.

Here are some other things to cover in prayer:
Please pray for the refugee crisis in our region. It hasn't affected us yet as the refugees are heading to Western Europe through Greece, Macedonia, and Serbia, but nevertheless it could as things have been changing and the refugees may look to alternative routs or places to settle. Pray that God would have his hand upon the situation and that we would be ready for whatever may happen. 
Pray for our new evangelism effort that we are doing right out in front of our church on Saturdays. Pray for Aron's salvation who started coming to church through the outreach. He is very open! Pray for divine appointments and that God would touch the hearts of the people in our community. 

Pray for the two young ladies who recently started coming on Sundays. One (Naime) is a believer and he cousin (Tina) who comes to church with her is not saved yet but is very open. Pray for Tina's salvation. Pray also for Naime that she grow strong in the Faith. 

On Monday afternoons Celeste will be tutoring english students at a school here in our neighborhood. Pray that God will use it to reach the students with the gospel.

Also please pray for the Lord to continue to provide for our finanical needs, for the ministry, personally and for our medical trips to Greece

If you feel lead to support us you can do so here:
To make a tax-deductible contributuon to the Yocoms’ ministry in Kosovo, mail a check to:
Calvary Chapel Las Vegas, P.O. Box 3235, Las Vegas, NM 87701 or you can go on-line to www.calvarylv.com and under resources menu there is an on-line giving option for one time or for auto giving every month. You will need to use the "designated gift" box and designate it for Mark and Celeste Yocom 

If you feel led to help us with covering our Greece (medical) trips, you can do so here:
https://www.gofundme.com/yocumfamily

No comments:

Post a Comment