What a year!

What a year!
Spring 2013

Monday, July 22, 2013

A little miracle today

The past few weeks we have been pretty busy with traveling, celebrating birthday's, getting ready for birthday's and weddings.  In the midst of the busyness it is easy to loose track of things.  Things like your camera. 

On Saturday evening Isabella drew a picture, one that really touched my heart. I wanted to take a picture of it, it was a pretty powerful picture..... I wanted to capture the moment of the picture.  As I went to get my camera, I could not find it.  It was not in either of the two places I normally keep it. It is either in my purse or in my desk drawer.  I searched everywhere for it and it was no where to be found.  I even called Mark, wondering if he had it, nope he did not have it.  I was REALLY discouraged.  There were a few reasons for the discouragement.  It was my birthday gift from Mark last year.  In the past Mark and I had always shared a camera and most of the time when he was out, he carried the camera with him.  Therefore when I wanted to capture special Isabella moments, take pictures of homeschooling stuff, my garden, stuff that I was cooking.....  I didn't have a camera available to capture the moments.  The camera was really nice, plus we really did not have the money to replace the camera.  Over the past few days I had been really discouraged about the loss of my camera. 

As I had been replaying things in my mind, I knew it had been in my purse and was certain I did not take it out of my purse at home after our last trip to Albania last weekend.  For some reason I felt I had left it somewhere in Prishtina.  I felt that I must of been digging around in my purse to either get my wallet or my ITouch or something and felt that I left it somewhere.  To be honest, I felt that I would never see my camera again.  Mark encouraged me to go back to the places I had been last week to see if it would come up.  This afternoon I went to a few place to inquire and it wasn't there.  This evening, after dinner Mark and I decided to go the restaurant we went to last Tuesday as soon as we had arrived back to Prishtina.  When we asked the waiter about it, he asked what time of day we had come in and he walked to counter and handed me my camera!  I was beside myself.  I felt that if I had left it at a restaurant that either a customer would of seen it and taken it.  Or it would of been taken by an employee.  As we left the restaurant we were thanking the Lord for the honesty of the people at the restaurant.  Thank you Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment